COVID-19 EVENT SAFETY MEASURES
This plan outlines what Pensacola Sports is doing to keep its staff, volunteers, spectators, and participants safe during events.
ALL persons involved in the event should follow CDC, and state and local guidelines regarding their own safety and safety of others.
Any participants or spectators who are experiencing symptoms within the last 14 days or have a fever will be prohibited from participation. Symptoms to include cough, shortness of breath of difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or a new loss of taste or smell.
At Risk Participants: Anyone who falls under or lives with someone in these categories is encouraged not to participate in a Pensacola Sports events at this time:
- People over 65 years of age
- People who have chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, or severe heart disease;
- People who are immunocompromised: those who have undergone or are undergoing cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation; anyone with immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or had prolonged use of corticosteroids; and smokers;
- People of any age with class III or severe obesity; or
- Anyone diagnosed with the following underlying conditions: diabetes, liver disease, and persons with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis.
- Per executive order from Governor DeSantis, all individuals traveling from Connecticut, New Jersey, New York and Louisiana must isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida. Travel from other domestic locations is at the discretion of the individual.
General event policies:
- PS will clean any public touch points regularly or after each use if necessary:
- Bathrooms / port-o-potties – regularly
- Desks / door knobs / work stations / tables / booths, etc. – regularly
- Equipment – after each use
- PS will provide hand sanitizer around the event area and will mandate participants use.
- PS will have sneeze guards for any check-in or packet pick up area.
- PS will provide face masks and/ or face guards for staff and volunteers.
- Event staff and volunteers will wear face masks and gloves when appropriate.
- Event participants and spectators will be required to wear face masks when appropriate.
- Participants will maintain at least six feet of social distance, when appropriate.
- Spectators will maintain at least six feet of social distance at all times.
- All food, snacks, and drinks distributed and available for participants will be individually packaged and sealed.
- When appropriate, the size of the audience will be monitored and restricted to maintain proper social distancing guidelines
- Example – gym to have 50% capacity
- We will promote a “no handshake and no high-five” atmosphere.
Event specific policies:
Bud Light Fishing Rodeo
- The Nemours Fish Display Box will have protective shield installed to not allow people to touch the fish.
- Only event staff and anglers weighing their fish will be permitted to enter the scale area.
- Anglers will keep 6 ft of distance while in line waiting to weigh your fish. Anglers can stay in their boat and we will contact you once it is time to weigh your fish.
- Anglers will be expected to wear face masks while weighing their fish.
- The Angler’s Dinner at Captain’s Meeting will be a plated meal in a to-go box and will not be an open buffet style.
- There will be less tables and more standing areas to promote social distancing.
- All anglers will be given hand sanitizer prior to entering the weigh-in area.
- There will be a monitored one way in and one way out of the weigh-in area.
- The weigh-in table will be sanitized after each angler.
- The event will utilize an electronic weigh slip system to cut down on the paper passed between multiple people.
- The awards ceremony will have distancing measures in place for winners to come accept their prizes.
Tag your instagram photos #pensacolafishingrodeo to see your photos on our site!